Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day One...Sherwood Park to Saskatoon...546km

Gettin Hitched...Trent and I left our driveway around 5pm today...truck packed, trailer hitched, seat belts on. That's when the rain started. We made it as far as Save On Foods parking lot (which is literally 30 seconds from where we lived) to wait for the sun. 

....The rain kept falling (heavily I might add)...We decided to head out regardless and hopefully find the clear blue sky.....
...and we did find blue sky. Actually the drive was beautiful. There is just something about the prairies that I love. You can see endless sky and there are so many shades of yellows and greens in the fields all warmed my the glow of the sun. Oh...and the straight roads...I love just going for a drive and knowing that the road stretches out for miles before you...actually there are many things I'll miss. (I wrote a list). :)
Hay bales...they are in the distance here but I love hay bales. I love that you see the sun reflect on one side and the shadow on the other. I especially love that they look like giant marshmallows!
Saskatchewan Border
So here we are in Lloydminster crossing the border. We stopped in Tim Horton's and they had green and yellow donuts for Eskimo fans and green and white ones for riders fans. Crossing the border was a little less exciting then I anticipated so I choose to celebrate by singing (numerously) the theme song to Corner Gas. Where is Dog River anyway? :)  

So we made it to Saskatoon today, I was restless and ready to get out of the truck and stretch my legs. We will explore the city in the morning and find some good coffee...then back on the road again. 
Feel free to comment on our blog. 
xo
Janine and Trent



4 comments:

  1. How long will you be here?? We'd love to have a dinner or something with you guys before you leave!

    -Amy (& Peej)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!!!
    Love your pictures!!
    It's NICE to read and see the pictures of what your feeling.
    DRIVE SAFELY!!!!

    Love YOU BOTH!!!
    Erin xoxoxoxoxoxoooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog...good suggestion. Dog River is actually Rolleau, Sask. It's about 25 minutes south of Regina. You should go. Might be the most exciting thing to see in southern Saskatchewan!

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you already...

    Rhiannon
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete